Monday, February 6, 2012

Grungy Monday 35: Holtz-ian ATCs

This week's Grungy Monday challenge involves creating an ATC (artist trading card) using any of Tim Holtz's signature products or techniques!

Since Valentine's Day is just a week away, I thought I'd style my ATC with a love theme using non-traditional V-Day colors. 


The background was created with one of Tim's new Texture Fade embossing folders that I picked up from Paper Mermaids. I brushed some Perfect Pearls onto the embossed cardstock then inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. My flower pendant was created using Tim's Tattered Florals die and Kraft Glassine paper. After attaching the flower with a brad, I brushed some Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls on top. The sentiment comes from an adorable Hero Arts & Basic Grey stamp set called "Kissing Booth." I inked up my Salvage Sticker and attached it to my ATC using glue and Tim's Tiny Attacher ... and for some added romanticism, I stuck some tulle (brushed with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls) and a feather behind my heart stamp.  


I love ATC's - they're so tiny!


Supplies: 

Perfect Pearls - Blue Patina & Heirloom Gold
Tim Holtz Texture Fades - Spring Background - Fancy Florals embossing folder
Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die
Distress Ink in Black Soot, Walnut Stain, & Rusty Hinge
Kraft Glassine paper
Tim Holtz Salvage Stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ball & Chain
Tiny Attacher
Hero Arts & Basic Grey - Kissing Booth stamps

8 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

This is beautiful Maria, that texture fade is gorgeous, I love the glassine flower and the sentiment is perfect. Sooh happy you are back online and posting again. Just joined you!! thought I did that months ago!Hugs Anna xx

Maria said...

You're so sweet, Anna, thank you! Hee hee, I think it was your Twitter account that's been following me, but I always knew it was you! :) So have you made a list of things you want from CHA?? I love Tim's new dies but as I am without a paycheck at the moment, I gotta hold back from my spending urges!

Ruby Craft said...

When I first saw the picture of your ATC I thought the flower was made from Tim's Idea-ology flowers. I didn't realize it was from glassine until I read your post. It is so pretty and so is your ATC. Very creative.

Terry said...

The glassine works so well for flowers! Such a great ATC and I love the embossed background! Have fun!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous ATC! Love the textures and that you didn't use the traditional colors. It's so sweet!

Maria said...

Thanks, ladies! Wouldn't that be cool if there was a "12 ATCs of Christmas" or something??

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous color and texture!

ลngεŁล said...

Me ha encantado tu ATC, el embosado y el color preciosos!,
It's so sweet, hugs