Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recycling day! (Part 1)

Well, not exactly - my bag of things to put in the recycle bin is still sitting at the top of the steps, patiently waiting to go outside, but it was an afternoon of recycling in a different sort of way!

You see, I love the challenge of repurposing old items like glass and cardboard, and turning them into a whimsical craft or gift. I also love putting my scraps to good use ... and when you put the two together, you can create a unique gift that cost pennies to make!

Take this little 4 x 4 square cardboard box. I used some Echo Park scraps from a baby boy mini album to cover the entire thing. My scraps also included some stickers that have the days of the week on them, so I turned this little box into a weekly planner for a little boy. G45ers will recognize the typewriter wood stamps ... they're just adorable!

 







 

Part 2 coming next ... 


No comments: