Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pink Paislee Hope Chest and Tim's new worn covers!

Good morning, crafty friends!

It's been quite an incredible week and a half. ;) I'm working on quite a few projects right now and just last night, I finished the project below that I'll be teaching on April 23rd (a Tuesday - not my usual night) at The Mad Scrapper.

Have you seen Tim's new worn covers? They've been on my hot list ever since he introduced them in January. I'm excited because we just got them in a couple days ago and now I'm using them for this class! As for the paper, I used Pink Paislee's beautiful Hope Chest line. It's so pretty and shabby!





Tim's worn covers are designed to fit his ring binders, although you can bind your book using other materials such as ribbon. The outside surface feels like fabric (I can't tell if it's fabric or not) and the inside is a very sturdy chipboard. If you love altered books, you will want to pick up an extra cover!


Inside the book, I've used the matching journaling cards, butterfly clips, phrases, and ephemera paper goods. :)




I also used We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board to make the cute little envelopes in this album. :) If you were one of the lucky ones to grab this product before it sold out (don't worry - I hear The Mad Scrapper is getting more next month!) and you haven't used it yet or you're having trouble with it, bring it to class! I'll show you how to use it. Or if you want to practice on your own, here's a quick tutorial I found on YouTube that helped me figure it out.


I've never done a Pink Paislee project before, so as always, it's fun to give a new paper line a try! Well, I sure hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please stay tuned for a fun little giveaway I'll be posting in the next few days!!

Hugs,

Maria

--------------CLASS INFO----------------

Date:      Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013
Time:     6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Place:     The Mad Scrapper
               1590 NW Gilman Boulevard

                   Issaquah, WA 98027 (just 15 minutes east of Seattle)
Call:       425-427-8871

Bring: Your basic tool kit, Vintage Photo distress ink, fancy corner edge punch (I used Martha Stewart's deco shell punch), a fancy edge punch (Martha's doily edge), hole punch, paper distresser, and We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board if you need help using it!

**Can't come but you'd like a kit? Click here to pre-order a kit online. If you don't see the kit yet or if you have questions, feel free to call The Mad Scrapper directly at 425-427-8871. Thank you!

9 comments:

LISA said...

Oh Maria!! How beautiful!!! Wish I could attend the class!! That would be sweet! I have the Memory Keepers Envelope punch board on order for 2 months now!! Will be shipping sometime next month.Those envelopes are to sweet! But the whole book is awesome!! I want to make one!! And Hope Chest...sigh...I need that paper now!!!! xoxo

Sandra said...

This is such a pretty album! as always! Your so very good on making them! Really gorgeous paper too! Hugs, Sandra

Sabrina said...

A beautiful mini, Maria! But I have a question for you...Your customers will complete the mini in 2 hours? I guess I'm a slow papercrafter, lol. Hope you all have fun at your class. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. :) hugs

Paula Calvanico said...

Beautiful. Love the covers!

Paula

Sandy said...

Good Fathers Maria - I love this project - I just wish I could go to your class. Is the store going to offer this as a kit - I need it - just have to have it!!!!!
Sandy

Unknown said...

Gorgeous mini Maria!! Love the soft shabby look and wonderful layers! Another instant favorite :)

Patti aka NW Lady said...

Wow this is gorgeous Maria, I wish I lived close so I could take a class what fun!!

MrsFox said...

Maria, this book is exquisite. Just beautiful. You're inner beauty shows in all your creations.

Martie Rollin said...

This mini album is just beautiful! Every page is well designed. Like another of your followers, I don't see how this mini could be completed so fast. It would probably take me a few days to complete. I guess it has to do with just how much work is already completed in your kit. The more that's done ahead of time, the shorter the class time. Lovely book!